Testimonials

Hear from our past students and their parents

Students

"When I arrived at Pure Life in April of 2014, I was a washed up junkie with low self esteem and no confidence. I'm glad I came because now I accept a whole new life. I'thou happy, I'm salubrious and I'yard being a productive member of social club. The time I spent in Republic of costa rica at Pure Life has been the near impactful, life irresolute experience of my life. I don't know where I would be today if I had not made the decision to go Pure Life but I know information technology would not take been pretty. Best decision I always made."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"My experience at Pure Life was more than I could have hoped for. The supportive atmosphere and construction of the program combined with the culture and lifestyle of Costa rica had such a profoundly positive effect on me. After my fourth dimension there, I felt more comfortable being myself, a much stronger leader and a more than emotionally healthy person."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"I came beyond Pure Life during a very dark catamenia in my life. I was severely depressed and looking for a holistic alternative to modern social club's quagmire of drugs & clinical therapy programs. I had allowed prolonged stress, human relationship bug, an overly busy schedule, and the wintertime blues of Minnesota to take control of me. Pure Life seemed a viable option with its unique combination of individual & group therapy, a life success curriculum to develop yourself both personally & professionally, fused with a broad diverseness of outdoor adventures in i of the most beautiful & happy places on globe – Republic of costa rica! I wasn't certain exactly what to await from an "adventure therapy" program and I was hesitant to invest so much time away from my small business (a private violin & viola studio of which I am the sole proprietor) and highly enlightened of the huge financial burden my parents were undertaking to send me to the Pure Life program. Desperate to dig myself out of the dark hole I was in or to but cease existing considering of the deep pain I was experiencing, I took the plunge and flew to Costa Rica. My journey out of low was truly transformational. I came to Pure Life as a broken, lost spirit who had ceased to value my own life and left Costa Rica 8 weeks subsequently feeling a sense of rebirth physically, mentally, emotionally, & spiritually. Thanks to the entire Pure Life team and especially my therapist Helen – I couldn't have come up this far without your support & guidance. !Pura Vida!"

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"When I graduated my, what seemed to exist a never ending, senior year of high school, I was done mentally. Depression took control and thankfully Pure Life came into view. Being uncomfortable was beyond normal for me, but Pure Life showed me how I take a choice to let being uncomfortable ruin me or push button me forward. By learning to accept the physical discomfort of existence in the wilderness, I learned how to cope with my emotional discomfort then it would no longer hinder me from living."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"Surfing is like life. Sometimes in surfing you can start off potent and stand up on your first wave. Sometimes that's skill. Other times it'due south luck. But subsequently that information technology's not always smooth. You'll fall down. But even when we crash into our moving ridge in life (Which could be a fight with a friend or a breakup) nosotros however take to make the best possible decision to get up, swim out, and grab another wave. Fighting is very important then think to grab any moving ridge you want. Don't limit yourself. Do what y'all desire. Getting upwardly from falling down makes you stronger. Declining is ever an choice. So you must neglect to succeed. Never compare your surfing skills to others. Yours may be more radical, more than awesome, more gnarly. But build your confidence off of yourself. You are the key to making this wave the start of your life. Then go surf. Information technology'll be crazy what you can accomplish if you merely set your heed to it."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"When I came to Pure Life I had petty confidence or optimism for a successful future, but you lot all helped me through a self-discovery process that empowered me to pursue a fulfilling life path."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"Before Pure Life, I was a young adult with no vocalisation, no management, and no passion. While at Pure Life, through ane on i therapy, group therapy, and hard, yet rewarding, physical challenges, I found the motivation to be the self I never thought I could be. Considering of Pure Life I am now confident, happy, and passionate nigh my life and what the future holds in store for me. I could non thank the Pure Life team enough for everything they take done for me."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"I accept learned that happiness takes hard work. I know that and I have found a reason to work for information technology. Pure Life literally saved my life! I came into this program depressed… I had lost my dearest for life, my family/friends, and my motivation to move on. I learned with the help of my therapist and group that I can't stuff my feelings and that emotions aren't logical nosotros simply have to accept them sometimes. The group and staff pushed me hard. My comfort zone was pushed, I was physically uncomfortable and mentally challenged. I have learned how to button through beingness physically uncomfortable and not accept it affect my mental attitude. I take a new "peace of mind" mental attitude that will accept me far."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"Pure Life literally saved my life! I came into this plan depressed and suicidal. I had lost my beloved for life, my family and friends, and my motivation to motility on. I learned, with the aid of my therapist and group, that I can't stuff my feelings. I have learned how to button through being physically uncomfortable and not allow it affect my mental attitude. I don't know where I would be without coming to Pure Life! Happiness takes hard work… I know that, and have establish a reason to work for it."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"I came to Pure Life an empty shell of the person that I used to exist. My first calendar week here I went hiking, and after 2 miles of a steep, mainly rocky incline we reached the peak of the mountain. It was there that I constitute myself feeling higher than I e'er had earlier. I have finally found myself over again. I have a deep and eternal gratitude for Pure Life for helping me grow into myself, and allowing me to feel so free."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"Virtually of my stumbles have been self-inflicted. But, for all my stumbles, there'due south something new: I can recover. I'm catching myself. And I have touchstones to hold onto, and memories of things that work. All of that comes from Republic of costa rica."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

Parents

"As a parent of a struggling young adult, information technology became credible I was unable to reach my child in a manner that was going to aid him prepare for machismo. The struggles were much greater than my husband and I, as parents, could handle. Pure Life was recommended to us as an option to help my young developed, through a structured, nurturing and supportive environment to await in at what was troubling him and to notice a way to accost the bug that would be conducive to his making better choices and move forward into independent machismo. His problems did non occur overnight, and his journey toward a healthy, productive adulthood will accept time, but with Pure Life, he had the opportunity, in a safe emotional environment, to identify and address his issues and to come up up with a plan for changes in how he responds to life's challenges aid him in what will be a fresh commencement to his developed life. The answers are not always like shooting fish in a barrel and there are hard lessons to learn. The noesis, experience, pity and family unit philosophy of Pure Life helped him to finally face many of his problems and provide him new ways of dealing with them. While we know that his journey into machismo will take more than fourth dimension, Pure Life was able to get him to recognize his cocky-defeating attitudes and behaviors and to create healthier means of responding. Nosotros were extremely pleased with Pure Life and the progress that our son made while there. Equally he said, the program was "the best affair that I never want to do once more."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"Pure Life was a lifesaver for our daughter and our family. They have the right balance between therapy and outdoor adventures. Our daughter came back a new person with greater confidence and means to handle her anxieties/depression. John Cohen is an amazing therapist who works closely with the parents and the educatee to help everyone understand and go through the issues. I can't recommend Pure Life plenty to a family in crunch who needs help dealing with addiction, depression and repairing the family!"

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"We don't know where we would exist today without Pure Life and your help, and we don't fifty-fifty want to think about information technology. We are so enormously grateful to you for the support yous gave our son, even when he was being as hard as he could be. You saw the potential in him, and you communicated promise to us when we were otherwise inundated with despair. I know that his existence where he is today is very much due to your help and influence… I sit down hither wanting the right words to pour out, but I tin't do any better than Thank You Thank you Thank you."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica

"My wife and I are truly grateful that our son was able to become to Pure Life and work hard to first the process of finding himself. Going to Costa rica was not on our radar when we first explored programs. Cheers to all of the people involved in his life there, he is a better person, and for this nosotros cheers all. An email can exist so impersonal, but brusque of flying to see you, it is the all-time selection. We will continue you posted every bit to his progress. Once again, from the bottom of our hearts we thank you. You guys are awesome."

Hibiscus Distressed - Pure Life Adventure in Costa Rica